Fri, 21 Jun|
Midgardian March - Ben Nevis 2024
Join us for the thrilling Midgardian March as we conquer Ben Nevis, the UK's highest peak. Hosted by Asatru UK, this event isn't just a climb; it's a journey to make a difference. Raise funds for the noble Nerthus Land Project, Help for Heroes, and Wild Things Wildlife Rescue Center.
Time & Location
21 Jun 2024, 13:00 – 23 Jun 2024, 13:00
York, Station Rd, York YO24 1AB, UK
About the event
Hello, and thank you for your support and for purchasing your ticket for The Midgardian March Ben Nevis Mountain Climb. This is your first step towards making a difference and raising money for AUK's Nerthus Land Project, Help for Heroes, and Wild Things Wildlife Rescue Center. Together, we will make a difference, and we look forward to seeing you on the climb up Ben Nevis.
From Asatru UK and the Resource Development Team, we welcome and thank you.
Steven - AUK
So, what's next?
We will meet in York, North Yorkshire, and you will be picked up at 1 pm from York Train Station. Please arrive 20 minutes before departure. We will then load into minibuses and make our way up to Scotland, to Àite Cruinnichidh, our accommodation for the weekend. We will settle in and have an evening meal before getting ready for the ascent up Ben Nevis the following morning.
What to Bring? Here is a list of all essential and non-essential items to bring with you. Please note, participants must have the following basic items for your own safety and comfort.
- Sleeping bag
- Wash kit and towel (These will be left in the accommodation while on the climb)
- Hiking boots
- Thick socks, plus one spare pair
- A method of carrying at least 4 litres of water, e.g., water bottles or water bladder/camelback
- Warm gear (gloves, hat, jumper)
- Medication if required
These are the basic requirements to undertake the climb.
- More than one spare pair of socks
- Snacks (It's going to be an 8-hour climb up and down, so please keep this in mind. It's surprising how happy a bag of Haribo in your pocket can make you on long hikes.)
- Insect repellent
- Hiking poles
- Spare clothes to change into
- Dry bags
- Powerbank/charger for your phone
Nice to Have:
- Camera (to capture all the awesome moments and sights)
- Jetboil and brew kit for making tea or coffee
And the most important thing of all to bring along is yourself, some serious motivation, and a positive attitude. We will always be here to assist and support you, and we sincerely thank you and wish you all the best on the climb.
Good luck from us all at Asatru UK!
Please note, when registering for this event you will be asked to confirm you have read the terms and conditions. General T&C can be found on our website under events - but due to the nature of this event, it has a specific waiver to sign when registering. The full text of this is available by clicking here.
- Ticket type
Adult Ticket (18+)
1 Adult Ticket (18+), with donations been made towards h4h, wild things, wild life rescue and Nerthus initiative.Price£190.00